Re: m68k 3.0.24 boot-floppies

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 10:28:13AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Christian T. Steigies [Sun, Jan 19 2003, 12:47:22AM]:
>
> > I've (re)built boot-floppies for m68k a few days ago and finally managed to
> > test them on my Amiga. Installation went fine. One thing I noticed, the
> > installer downloaded mac-fdisk, on an Amiga, is this necessary?
>
> Fine ("kreuzmach"). We could exclude mac-fdisk from the basedebs list
> with an debootstrap argument if the Arch is really an Amiga, but nobody
> complained here before about this behaviour.

Its not a complaint, just an unneccessary download I noticed. If you install
from CD, I guess it does not matter. I install via a DSL link, not a big
impact for me. But people behind a phone line.

> > Another problem I noticed today is with amiga-fdisk:
> >  According to Policy Section 2.2: Priorities packages MUST NOT depend on
> >  packages with lower priority values (excluding build-time dependencies). In
>
> IIRC this was discussed during the Woody freeze and the consens was:
> "serious" bugs caused by formailities are not RC if they do not break
> anything.

It's not a bug (yet), the amiga-fdisk packages are in the distribution, but
I still think something should be done about this. I was thinking of
swapping priorities of the two packages, the -bf version does not depend on
libreadline, otherwise it would not work with the boot-floppies. The non-bf
version needs libreadline, but is not really that much different. Or should
I leave everything as it is and silently violate policy?

Christian