Why does cfdisk only still speak english? Locales package is missing.

Well, I really didn't understand why cfdisk, used during the
partitioning stage, does not use its translations.

The udeb indeed contains a reduced version of util-linux messages.

I suspected that some magic, needed for using the localization, is not
done somewhere.

I'm not that familiar with all this, but as far as I remember, locales have
to be "generated" before being usable. This is the purpose of the
locale-gen command.

This command uses localedef and then generates
/usr/lib/locale/locale-archive.

As long as this file does not exist, programs are NOT translated.

My conclusion is : we're missing locale-gen somewhere...and indeed
we're missing the locales package....

I propose adding "locales" to build/pkg-lists/deb-base/common. I guess
this is The Right Thing to do. This is however maybe not needed as we
just need the /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive file in the tree.

I made a very quick test : I bringed back my current locale-archive
file to the file-system during installation (thanks VMWare) and
manually launched cfdisk in the 2nd consoile-->It spoke french.

So, the solution more or less lies there.