Re: *-di kernels break multi-kernel bootimage support.

Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> In the first case I ask myself if the current design of d-i is capable
> to support this because this would mean that we have to provide
> different kernel-modules udebs too. AFAIK the linux-kernel-di does not
> include the flavour in the udeb name.

Yes it does. See i386 for example, we have the -speakup-di.udeb images
for kernel and modules as well as the regular ones.

> But then I'm asking myself why your udeb kernel is in /boot/. I have
> never seen that. On powerpc cd-images kernels are in /install/<flavour>
> and on floppys you probably can't have more than one kernel anyway and
> for netbooting it does not matter because you have to copy your kernel
> to the boot-server and it's downloaded directly from there. Are you sure
> you don't mix normal kernel debs (which indeed should go to /boot/ but
> are not provided by linux-kernel-di) and udebs made from
> linux-kernel-di?

linux-kernel-di produes kernel udebs that include a file in a boot
directory, This is moved to the appropriate place outside the initrd
though by the build process. If that kernel needs to be versioned, we
can do that I guess.

--
see shy jo