Re: my experiences withthe new Debian installer

Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

Hi

Could you please tell us which version of the installer you tried
(download location and date).

sure. It was beta 1 (sarge-i386-businesscard.iso). unfortunately, I do not know the date although I grabbed it with wget and the file date is November 14.

Do you understand you right: You tried DHCP without the cable and it
failed and then retried with the cable plugged-in and it failed again?

that's correct. I left the cable out on initial install, waited for the install to fail and then plugged in the cable and tried again at which point is still fail. I did not try hard to reproduce it because I thought it was such an obvious bug that it would have been detected in fixed by now.

This problem existed once with some DHCP clients, but shoud have been
fixed long ago.

indeed. Since I need to reinstall to correct my X11 errors, is there another CD image you would like me to use to confirm whether or not the bug has been fixed?

also, is there a list of errors you would like me to verify if they are fixed or not?

---eric