sarge INSTALL REPORT - how set IP & hostname?

Hi,
I have tried to install a fresh Debian system. We have a Intel Pentium-III here at the university. I tried it a few times. First time about the Friday when debian.og got hacked, last time I used the sarge ISO CD-1, dated Dec7,2003 from the ftp in hungary.

It seems like it found my hardware fine: the ethernet card works and DHCP gets automatically configured. BUT: I don't want DHCP - I am missing the question where I can specify my static IP.
Also I always ended up with hostname being 'localhost'.

Often after reboot I can't read the CDROM drive anymore - I can fix that with modconf by deinstalling the scsi-ide module.

Is there a command to set the network configuration afterwards ? And change the hostname ?

I have tried 'debian-baseconfig' many times, and read trough many of the scripts, but I actually get never to the point where I could specify anything.
Otherwise it looks nice,
good work.

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase