Re: plans for discover transition (was: plans for d-i string freeze)

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > IMO if we want to release sarge with discover2 for d-i we have to
> > release beta2 with discover2 (after that it's too late for this
> > change!)
>
> I agree with Joey, we should try to have everything ready just after
> beta2 is released.

One caveat: If someone is porting debian to an arch right now, and needs
discover, and doesn't feel like dealing with the transition, they are
free to jump directly to discover2 for that arch, assuming they can get
udebs available, etc. I don't want to hold any porters back or require
duplicate work to no purpose.

--
see shy jo