Re: [bubulle@debian.org: Re: plans for d-i string freeze]

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 08:46:58PM +1100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> When reading Thomas fix, I had this feeling, yes.
>
> However, the point is to remove this FTBFS bug from discover1 so that
> it can be part of the sarge release.

Definitely. This and the /cdrom mount bug.

> Thomas fix may be called a ugly hack, I guees, but it works...and thus
> allows me to do what I first intended to do --> switch to po-debconf
> and have the debconf templates translated.
>
> I'm currently inthe process of having a quick NMU uploaded (with the
> help of Joey), by using Thomas dirty fix.

Good to hear!

> I don't have the skills for doing a better job, unfotunately.
>
> I propose that I send you a copy of the "fixed" diff file for the
> 1.5-1.4.2 NMU. Then you may have a look at it and propose a better
> fix. Thus, you may then be able to propose a clean 1.4.3 fix.
>
> Are you OK with this way to deal with this ?

This is perfect for now. I'd rather see the RC bug out of the way so
things can actually move forward. Once the linux-kernel-headers are
fixed, we can just get rid of the hack and be done with it. I'd like to
try and clean up the RC bug fix as well, since it's not as clean as it
could be. I'll see about applying some of the other patches that have
been languishing in the bts for a while.

> Discover1 needs to be kept alive in sarge....at least because d-i is
> using it.

Ok, that's true. I'm more than happy to keep it alive for the time
being. I'll contact the progeny people and see about some kind of
transition plan as well.

 - David Nusinow

p.s. Sorry about the mail bounce. I'm subscribed to -boot now, so no
need to cc me any more. Thanks to you guys for going to the trouble to
get the mail to me.