Re: Fetch debconf translations from ddtp?

ons, 2003-11-12 kl. 15:51 skrev cobaco:
> there's still the issue that you can either use DDTP or .po files combining
> the two does not currently work, as soon as you start using DDTP all other
> translators for your language have to (or at least that's my understanding
> from a discussion on devel a while back (september somewhere?) ago)

As I am the only Danish translator of d-i, this is not an issue for me
yet, but it may - of course - result in double work if two translators
translate the same template in two places.

If a template has been introduced in ddtp, all translation changes in
CVS are sent as bug reports to the ddtp translator as soon as the Debian
package has been released. He can then accept or alter the new
translation in the ddtp database.

Care must be taken if translations from ddtp are copied to the CVS if
other persons are updating the translations here, since they can be
overwritten by the ddtp translations.

So the short answer is that you will have less coordination problems if
all choose the same system.

> see htp://people.debian.org/~barbier/debian-installer/l10n/ for an overview
> of what is outdated in CVS

Great! Can I assume that files not listed in
~barbier/debian-installer/l10n/da/ are up to date?

Is it possible to only update the collective ../da/da.po and submit this
somewhere? This would greatly reduce the translator effort.

--
Ph.D.-studerende Claus Hindsgaul