Re: Flavors

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2003-11-09 22:59]:
> > The installer chooses a flavor based on the hardware, so this should not
> > need a great deal of consideration from users.
>
> Slightly unrelated, but anyway... the alpha d-i kernel image is
> currently known as "generic" which is very confusing.  Can that be
> called alpha or alpha-generic instead?

Why should it have alpha in it? Its has arch alpha, it has _alpha.deb
in its name in the pool and it only shows up in the alpha Packages.gz.
Only people on alphas should see the package.

Where is there any room to mistake the kernel for somethig its not?
You don't call i386 kernels kernel-image-2.4.22-1-i386-386 either, do
you?

MfG
        Goswin

PS: afaik we need a kernel-image-2.4.22-jensen as alternaive for the
generic one.