Re: Fetch debconf translations from ddtp?

ons, 2003-11-12 kl. 14:39 skrev Pierre Machard:
> Please don't use the ddtp. Since the ddtp is using binary packages you
> are missing a lot of information. Moreover you have to work on obsolete
> files. The file you are working on is a file that has been uploaded
> into the archive whereas when working directly in the debian-boot cvs,
> your translation is up to date, and available.

I certainly see your point, but as the installer stabilises, the changes
in the texts should be considerably fewer. If testversions of the d-i
packages are released prior to Debian releases, it should be easy to
catch up, so no texts are untranslated in the final installer.

Even currently I think it introduces even more lag, that I have to
search discover changes among 37 po-files from time to time instead of
recieving notifications by email from ddtp.

> As you can see, you do not have comments, you are loosing inforations
> about the type of the string. Here we have a select type.

Agreed, this is a real advantage of po.
We should encourage ddtp to include such comments in the templates sent
to translators and reviewers. If this is done, I think ddtp is an better
and easier system to use (to me at least).

Claus

--
Ph.D.-studerende Claus Hindsgaul