Re: Issue mounting partitions

Michael Opdenacker wrote:
> I'm trying to install the "testing" version by making a net install with
> http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/netinst/i386/sarge-i386-netinst.iso
> (Nov 9, 2003).
>
> Booting starts fine, but I can't find any place to bind mount points to
> my partitions. Here's what I did:
>
>   1. Selected the hard drive to partition: see
>      http://michaelo.free.fr/issues/nov11_2003/1.jpg
>   2. My existing partitions were recognized with no issue, but I didn't
>      find any way to attach a label/mount point to any of them! See
>      http://michaelo.free.fr/issues/nov11_2003/2.jpg
>   3. I selected "Quit" (because I didn't have to make any change) and
>      selected "Finish" in the next dialog. See
>      http://michaelo.free.fr/issues/nov11_2003/3.jpg
>   4. The installer complains that no partitions were found:
>      http://michaelo.free.fr/issues/nov11_2003/4.jpg

Thanks for going to the trouble to take photos of it and put them up on
the web.

It seems to me that the part of the installer known as partconf is not
seeing your partitions, while an earlier part is. Since these parts use
different underlying technologies, this is at least possible, though
it's not a common problem.

I think you need to get a dump of your partition table in the
appropriate form and submit it as a bug against the partconf package.
Not knowing much about partitions myself I'll leave the details to
someone else.

--
see shy jo