Re: installation report

retitle 219270 hw-detect : Prompts for parameters for every loaded module
severity 219270 minor
thanks

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > 1. kbd-chooser segfaults (see bug I just submitted)

With very good analysis, by the way, which could explain why I was
yesterday prompted for modules parameters in hw-detect (debconf
priority lowered). See 219270......hence the comments to this bug also
(which I retitle by the way, lowering its severity as Joey suggested)

> > 2. After loading udebs from the cdrom netcfg-dhcp is executed. It does not
> >    get an ip adress but still suceeds and tries to load modules from the net.
> >    This also sets up dhcp for ip configuration on the installed system, which
> >    also fails. Probably netcfg-dhcp should fail if it does not aquire a lease.
>
> File a bug on this?

Yes, Gaudenz do you file the bug ? I confirm the exact same behaviour
with my own tests (VmWare virtual machine with a "bridged" network
card, so not getting any lease from DHCP).