String freeze (was Re: space considerations)

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:45:26PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
[...]
> This is not the time to be making any modifications to libd-i in
> unstable. I expect we will be getting a beta release out this week
> (details coming soon). Do it in a branch, do not upload it to unstable.

Did you read
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2003/debian-boot-200310/msg00000.html
?
Such a string freeze would really help translators.  As told by
Christian, a 1-week freeze would be fine (given that there are not that
many strings translated in PO files).  In practice, other large
projects have such a freeze: no changes by developers are permitted,
and when they are necessary, the l10n manager send a mail to their
-i18n or -l10n mailing list to warn translators and the deadline can
be shifted if these changes come very late.  Please consider adopting a
similar policy.

Denis