Re: unsuccessful installation report

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:12:07PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> > Installation report
> >
> > ISO: Sarge 31 #1 compiled with jigdo.
>
> Please provide enough information so we can know what install media you
> used. The url to the files and date of download would tell us, the above
> does not.

http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/jigdo-area/i386/sarge-i386-1.jigdo

First CD (out of 11), dated 31 october.

> > Hardware: Intel Pentium I 133 MHz, 32 MB RAM, CD-ROM, though the same
> > things happened on a Compaq Presario 2100 (laptop anno 2003).
> >
> > 1. When trying to select a keyboard definition I got this message:
> >
> > "[!] Error running kdb-chooser
> > An error or warning was logged when running kdb-chooser
> > Segmentation fault kdb-chooser's postinst exited with status 35584"
>
> Sounds like bug #214145, but I'm not sure.
>
> > 2. I was able to detect and mount the cdrom
> >
> > 3. When loading and installing modules, the usb-discover module failed with this error message:
> >
> > "[!] Debian Installer Main Menu
> > Failed to install module
> > Installing the module usb-discover failed for unknown reasons.
> > Aborting."
>
> Despite the misleading stuff about downloading, this sounds like a
> broken cdrom image.

How do I verify the cd? I did see that option in menu, but the
installation goes wrong before I can choose it.

> > I choose "continue" but get the following:
> >
> > "[!] Error running Anna
> > (udpkg:) error while loading shared libraries:
> > libdebian-installer.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such
> > file or directory Anna's postinst exited with status: 2048"
> >
> > After that, whatever alternative I choose, I get the same error message again.
>
> This suggests to me that you are installing from the businesscard iso
> dated October 8th. I got a similar report from a user on IRC that this
> old iso has stopped working, proably because something has changed in
> the archive.

No, the jigdo file above gave me a full 650 MB CD (which is what I wanted).

--

Hans Ekbrand