Re: [ppc] install report 2003-11-03 :'(

Zitat von Arnaud Vandyck <avdyk@debian.org>:

> With the default boot, no argument, booting, then, asking for the
> language, then the keyboard, then changing the debconf priority, then
> execute a shell, then reboot!
>
> oups! :'(
>
> With DEBCONF_PRIORITY=normal I got this menu:
>
> +------------------------------------------------------------------+
> !                    Debian Installer main menu                    !
> !                                                                  !
> ! This is the Debian installer main menu                           !
> !                                                                  !
> ! Choose the next step:                                            !
> !                                                                  !
> ! Choose language                                                  !
> ! Select a Keyboard Layout                                         !
> ! Detect CDROM devices and mount the CD in /cdrom                  !
> ! Change debconf priority                                          !
> ! Verify the cd contents                                           !
> ! Execute a shell                                                  !
> ! Reboot                                                           !
> !                                                                  !
> !                                                       <Continue> !
> !                                                                  !
> +------------------------------------------------------------------+

I had the same problem this morning while testing the latest image. I think it's
related to changes Joey Hess made to anna. The newest anna has no longer a
main-menu entry. These should be provided by the retrievers or a special
"load-installer" udeb. This udeb is not included on the image. Probably we need
to change the pkg-lists to get it on to the image. (I did not closely follow
joeyh's changes and do not yet know exactly what needs to be changed.)

> So I came back with the image from late october and my amiga-cfdisk
> problem. Can someone tells me how I can skip the installation of
> this package? Is there a configuration file I can modify to remove
> the package from the installation?
see bug #218533, you can probably modify debootstrap's package list on the
installer root with nano.

gaudenz