Problem in debian-installer-demo

Hi people

I've downloaded debian-installer-demo via apt-get, installed and tried to run.
First try, with a normal user: "It needs root..."
OK. root now.
Trying again, in a rxvt terminal on WindowMaker:

# d-i-demo

<Choose The Language>
Selected Portuguese (Brazil). One problem (well, a small problem) is that the languages are not sorted alphabetically. Pressed <Continue> and a big blue screen appeared on my rxvt terminal. No, it is not Windoze! :-) It just stayed there, without doing nothing. Opening another terminal and using "top", I saw:

25576 root      25   0  6032 6032  584 R 97.8  67.0   0:03.23 frontend

It was eating all my CPU and my memory! Then my RAM finished and it started to swap. It was getting so slow that started to be impossible of making anything.
And there was no response from d-i-demo
I had to click on the smal X on the right corner to close, because CTRL+C or any other thing was working.

So, what is wrong? I, d-i-demo, both?

Thank you very much

--
|   .^.   | Nelson Antônio de Oliveira            |