Re: powerpc d-i build

* Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> [2003-10-26 10:56]:
| Well, please enable build of powerpc images on something else than just
| pmac then. It doesn't make sense to keep using a maybe older build
| system but which is only able to build for a limited set of
| architectures/subarchitectures, while development has gone into adding
| support in the new branch. If we reasoned like this, we would still be
| using boot-floppies today.

what it needed to support more sub-architectures? I guess the
initrd-image is always the same, isn't it?

The only changes we need, is to include more kernels (or merged
kernel+initrd files) on the cdrom.

Maybe we must also include different files (mkisofs options) to allow
other machines to boot from such a cdrom.

Bye
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Sauter