Re: Second round of powerpc subarch investigation : boot-loaders.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 01:26:24PM +0200, Freek Dijkstra wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> I recently noted a post stating that the bootloader development team did not
> have access to an oldword powerpc. I have one of those, and can do some
> testing this weekend, even if it renders my openfirmware settings obsolete.
>
> I'm afraid I'm not an expert, but I got some real great help on this list
> earlier, and am eager to do something in return. So just mail me privately
> if there is any testing I can do (I've got a 6500 with internal + external
> monitor card, internal IDE disk + 2 external SCSI disks. I'm afraid I don't
> get a OpenFirmware prompt though, but I can read it with the BootVars
> program or nvsetenv).

It maybe too early, we have a kernel now which should be able to be
mibootable, but not yet the full debian-installer stuff.

I will make a new kernel build this afternoon, maybe you can try this
one out, and see if you can boot it. I hope once this kernel reaches the
archives, we can try building d-i images also or something such, or you
could do them by hand. I don't really know how miboot works, so i can't
do it myself.

Stay tuned for more news on this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther