Re: ppp-udeb

On Oct 18, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

 >Sorry to be late about this, but i think that removing plugin support is
 >not so nice, especially as you then loose pppoatm support, and this
 >would mean no installation over pppoatm ADSL modems.
You are *very* late, as ppp-udeb was killed a few weeks ago because
nobody could find an use for it.
Lack of pppd in udeb form does not mean that net install will be
impossible, it just requires something like the current net install
mini-CD, with a set of regular .deb to install on the installed system.

 >And yes, i plan to somehow make the unicorn drivers available as udebs,
 >altough i don't know yet how i will achieve that and since they are
 >non-free, they cannot go into the official medias.
If I have not missed some, looks like that *all* pppoatm modems share
this problem because even if the driver is free it has to upload a
firmware which we cannot redistribute.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [2464 de39QmMLyloPo]