Re: Install report

Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net> writes:

> On Thursday 16 October 2003 01:01, Fraser Campbell wrote:
>
> > I chose to configure the network using DHCP.  This left me at a screen
> > where my only choice was
>
> What I meant to say was that after configuring using DHCP I had a screen where
> the only option was continue, it didn't tell me things had been successfully
> configured (IIRC) and it definitely didn't show any of the DHCP settings that
> were being used.  A little additional feedback here would be *very* useful.
>
> > After exiting the detecting network hardware section I am *always* placed
> > back in the language selection menu.
>
> This happened with quite a few menus, after exiting I'd be plunked right into
> language selection as if I'd hit an extra ENTER but I could swear that I did
> not do so.  It would be nice if the menu system remembered what you'd already
> done and tried to always place your cursor on the next most obvious menu
> item.

When something completes successfully main-menu seems to assume you
correct a previous error and resumes automatic install, which just
selects the next choice. That combined with the bug of languagechoose
failing and then allways being the next choice gives you that effect.

> > When first trying to partition harddrive nothing seemed to be happening,
> > pressing enter moved the screen up a line but didn't wake anything up.
> > After 2-3 minutes I pressed CTRL-C.  I had done the full hardware detection
> > prior ...
>
> This happened every time (2 or 3 installs).  First try no disk appears to be
> available for partitioning, second try everything is fine ... despite not
> having done any extra detection (or *anything* else) between attempts.

Strange. Never had that.

MfG
        Goswin