Re: Proposed build system: PREP

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 05:35:37PM +0200, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 12:27:33PM +0100, Leigh Brown wrote:
> > Gabriel Paubert said:
> > > I find it quite stupid to distinguish them from PreP only because
> > > they have a different host bridge (Raven/Falcon/Hawk). This said
> > > I wrote my own bootloader for them which never made it to the
> > > official tree for several reasons but mostly my fault (I'm very
> > > bad at pushing changes and "marketing", although my bootloader has
> > > some nice features that no other has).
> >
> > Well, I for one would be very interested in a copy, as I think the
> > stock PReP boot loader leaves a lot to be desired.
>
> And hopefully mine is easier to modify too. But I have more or less
> let it bitrot for about 3 years (it works for my boards). Most of
> the patches/code are still available at:
>
> 	ftp://vlab1.iram.es/pub/linux-2.[234]
>
> but I believe I have more recent versions somewhere. I have to upgrade
> soon in any case, but there are 2 more urgent hardware projects and one
> software on my TODO list first.

Well, if you (or someone) want this to be included in the debian/sarge
release, then i would like to have a patch for it rather sooner than
later, since the sarge release is scheduled for december 1, and the
official freeze time for it has already started, or will start on
october 15.

Friendly,

Sven Luther