Re: Does the d-i pppd support ADSL-USB Modems ?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:29:10AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On the same issue, i maintain the (non-free) unicorn driver for Bewan
> ADSL modem lines.
>
> I can if need be provide udebs for said driver, but i am not sure about
> the possibility to use non-free udebs in d-i ?

Without being a Debian policy expert ( :-) ), I'd doubt they'd go on the main
installer CD, at least (non-free not being a part of Debian). I think
people's best option would be floppy-retriever and fetching the right udeb
from a floppy.

> Also, in france, we mostly use pppoatm (which the new ppp in unstable
> supports), and not pppoe, i don't know if this could easily be added or
> not.

It should probably be a matter of changing the PPP udeb, I'd guess. As long
as Debian supports it, somebody just has to do it. :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/