Re: Does the d-i pppd support ADSL-USB Modems ?

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:32:10PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> The curent Bootfloppies support only the pppoe installation with
> Ethernet-ADSL-Modems.
>
> Will the d-i support the ADSL-USB Modems, which atre very common in France ?
> (Ericson, Thomson, Alcatel)

On the same issue, i maintain the (non-free) unicorn driver for Bewan
ADSL modem lines.

I can if need be provide udebs for said driver, but i am not sure about
the possibility to use non-free udebs in d-i ?

Also, in france, we mostly use pppoatm (which the new ppp in unstable
supports), and not pppoe, i don't know if this could easily be added or
not.

Friendly,

Sven Luther