Re: d-i, pulling in fdisk-udeb

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 02:22:47AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 05:22:21PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> >> Well, if it isn't usable (remember, it's an udeb, so we're only talking in
> >> the d-i context here) for hppa, hppa should not be in the list of
> >> architectures for that package, IMO.
> > OK.  partitioner still needs to Depend on the particular udebs
> > containing partitioning programs it uses.
>
> Why? If partitioner depends on "partitioning-program", and we make sure there
> is only one of those (ie. one package providing partitioning-program) per
> architecture, I do not see what the problem is.

Because it can't use just any partioning program, it uses a
particular one (or, actually, a particular one, two, or three)
depending on the architecture.  If we depend on a virtual
partitioning-program package, it could install parted-udeb only
even though that doesn't work on that particular architecture.

--
Matt