Re: d-i, pulling in fdisk-udeb

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 01:38:11AM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 04:32:20PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> >> Make it depend on "partitioning-program", and make both fdisk-udeb and
> >> parted-udeb "Provide[s]:" that. Should solve the problem.
> > No, it won't.  anna could still install just parted-udeb since
> > that would satisfy the dependency.  If partitioner depends on a
> > particular udeb, it needs to Depend on the particular udeb.
>
> If parted-udeb is unusable on a particular platform, I'd take it it was never
> built/uploaded for that platform at all...?

I didn't mean to say that parted was unusable on hppa.  It exists
and probably works ok.  But parted cannot be used for creating the
'f0' partition that palo needs.

Anyway, for any arch where you are going to partition manually, you'll
surely want to use cfdisk rather than cmdline parted, if possible.

(ia64 is an exception, as parted is the only thing that can create GPT
partition tables).

Richard