Re: new installer

Le Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 21:12:48 -0400, Dan Weber a écrit:
> Well my intentions were to tell the bootloader to wait until it has all of
> it into memory.  However this may cause a requirement of 8mb <

i see. so it'S be something like:
"load stuff -> call to load other stuff -> etc. -> boot" ?

> If the bootloader can't support putting it all into memory first, then Ill
> hack into it till it does.  But this seemed like a working solution.  The
> bootloader doesn't need to know how to deal with cds.  The kernel should
> have iso9660 support in it so that should be the solution.

though yaboot(2) does grok iso9660 already, OF does too IIRC. quik groks
ext2 (we still need to keep quik in the equation, just in case). and
yeh, you're right the kernel should be doing the grokking, not the BL.

eric

--
| http://www.nuit.ca/             | http://simonraven.nuit.ca/      |