Re: new installer

Simon Raven wrote:

> just because you haven't been able to use and install on one machine
> correctly doesn't mean that they're all like that... (i can troll too
> you know ;). some suck yes, but not all of them do. a lot of them are
> quite easy to install on. i've worked on clones to the late power
> macintosh ones (8x00), and the 7500-7500 and the 8500-8600 are
> especially easy. and the 7200 is relatively simple to do, just need the
> right serial cable (possibly hacked) and another machine.

Eh? 7200 installs are entirely possible without a serial cable, but are a
bugger to do the OF configuration on due to the lack of a video driver.
You can do it entirely from within Linux, though. But unless someone cares
sufficiently to do it, support in debian-installer won't happen. I have
appropriate hardware here, so I may take a look at it in a couple of weeks
time once my current deadline is out of the way.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-linux.debian.maint.boot@srcf.ucam.org
I am currently angry about: