Re: new installer

Le Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 11:54:58 -0500, Steve Langasek a écrit:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:31:27PM +0000, simon raven wrote:
>

> The only person I know has *decided* that Debian won't support OldWorld
> PPC in sarge is you.  I'm sure that (as with all things around here),
> if there are people willing to spend the time to figure out how to make
> d-i work for OldWorld Macs, it'll be supported -- and if not, not.

like i told thorsten sauter, this is the first time i hear of it. read
that email on my thoughts on this. i'm not going to repeat myself.

> Supporting OldWorld Macs certainly isn't high on *my* priority list,
> despite the fact that I have one sitting in my closet; they have always
> been a pain to make work with Linux, and no one here is *responsible*
> to implement features they won't use, sorry.

just because you haven't been able to use and install on one machine
correctly doesn't mean that they're all like that... (i can troll too
you know ;). some suck yes, but not all of them do. a lot of them are
quite easy to install on. i've worked on clones to the late power
macintosh ones (8x00), and the 7500-7500 and the 8500-8600 are
especially easy. and the 7200 is relatively simple to do, just need the
right serial cable (possibly hacked) and another machine.

--
| http://www.nuit.ca/             | http://simonraven.nuit.ca/      |