Re: d-i experiences

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 12:58:40AM +0100, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> It seems debootstrap barfed on an id call, something to do with [ and

I see this on ia64 too.  'id' in busybox doesn't work in the d-i
environment, but does work in a normal system environment.  That
particular error seems to be non-fatal.  debootstrap does 'id -u' and
gets "id: unknown group: 0" or similar.  As it is in something like

  if [ `id -u` != "0" ]; then

the shell complains.  My guess was that 'id' might require more
libraries (*nss* stuff), but I havn't invesigated further yet.

Richard