Re: Building boot images with boot-floppies on PowerMac

#include <hallo.h>
* debian@computerdatasafe.com.au [Mon, Jun 23 2003, 07:19:54AM]:

> /archive/debian/download/var/lib/apt/lists/debootstrap.invalid_dists_woody_main_binary-powerpc_Packages
> E: Couldn't download pcmcia-modules-2.4.18-newpmac
> E: ./kernel.sh abort
> make[1]: *** [linuxnewpmac.bin] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cvs/bf/boot-floppies'
> make: *** [build] Error 2

According to madison's output, the package is in unstable only. The
reason may be some temporary RC bug that prevented the package from
beeing accepted in Woody.

> > Stable still has 3.0.22. Is there a reason 3.0.23 never moved to
> > stable, Eduard?

See above. Woody has been moved to stable under our asses, and to this
time there were an RC bug about potential security problems. One of the
problems with Debian's release system.

> What should be in stable is working tools that may be used to create the
> binaries created;-) How else can uses enjoy their GPL-given rights?

It should. My bug report against ftp.debian.org has been closed quickly,
so blame those guys.

MfG,
Eduard.
--