Re: Translating d-i (was: Translation)

Martin Quinson wrote:

Well, the technic behind is all different (debconf templates + po-debconf),
but the result is quite identical: A bunch of po files instead of one big po
file. It is even possible to merge all the small po files in one big to work
on only one big po file, if you prefer.

The simplest way is to:
- make sure nobody is already working on this (or coordinate with those
  involved). I don't think so, since greek is not listed here:
  http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/
  Does the debian-l10n-greek mailing list exist (to make sure)?

There is a list I requested at that time (almost 2 years ago) that is called debian-l10n-hellas. It's not a very active but there are some members (myself included). If you think it's
possible, we can rename it,  (eg. to debian-l10n-greek) to be more formal .

- download the pot files to translate from:
  http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/pot
  (not all those files are about the new installer, the other being for
  regular packages using the same infrastructure to get their debconf
  templates translated. They are good to translate too, but should be sent
  to the package maintainer as regular wishlist bug and not to this list)
You can also prefer get the pot files directly from the CVS to make sure
  you are working on the lastest version and not on an old released file,
  because things are moving quite quickly in this CVS.
- translate them, and get them reviewed if necessary

- send them to the debian-boot mailing list for inclusion in the CVS.
  (or commit them yourself if you're debian developer).

There is a README for CVS informations:
http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/README?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
Already have them and working on them  but thanks for the info anyway

George