Re: Is sid 05/25/03 iso image usable as a debian sid installer?

ons 2003-05-28 klockan 12.17 skrev Eric Valette:
> Anyone tried it? Last time I downloaded a sid iso image, the installer
> was so broken that I did not manage to install something. Started a
> knoppix install to disk instead...

The installer is still in alpha (no, not even beta), that's why it's
broken.

> BTW do the current work on boot not duplicate part of the work done in
> knoppix?

How old is knoppix? d-i has been in the works since 2000 as far as I
know, lying dormant at times. I don't know how Knoppix is designed, I
only looked briefly at the 350+ lines /linuxrc sh script. I don't know
where the hardware detection is, I don't know what the design is. Part
of the d-i design is to make it flexible, though, and I don't think a
350+ lines /linuxrc sh script is flexible.

Also note that this beast has to work on all of Debian's architectures,
how many archs does Knoppix support?

Feel free to enlighten me.

/Martin
--