Re: tftp net booting problems

I want to do a TFTP Net Booting with a i386 machine. I saw the three different images from the Debian web page for this purpose (bf2.4, compact, and idepci). But these are useless for my purposes. How can I make my own images????
You don't say so, but I assume you want to install Debian stable (woody)
via tftp.  Why do you say that the images are useless?  Which files did
you try?  What did you attempt?  What happened as a result?  Were any
error messages displayed?  Also, it would help if you gave more clues as
to your hardware and network setup.

Thanx for your fast reply...

I am trying to install Debian stable via tftp. My hardware is a Set Top Box (STB3036N) from GCT Allwell. It has a Geode processor which is Pentium (i386) compatible and a TVIA CyberPro 5005 Video Chipset. I tried to boot with the three different flavors of tftpboot.img from the location you mentioned. The problem is that my display blinks crazy after the kernel boots. I guess the TVIA chipset is not supported by the kernel in the img file. However, the kernel boots correctly. Now, my idea was to compile my own kernel with support for the video chipset and build my own tftpboot.img file. However, I have no clue how to generate this img file...

Vincent