Re: Chaos and Damnation!

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 07:24:53PM +0200, Martin Sj?gren wrote:
> Well, the netinst _CDs_ don't use the net floppy image,

Don't the netinst CDs just use the CD images? As far as d-i's concerned,
they're as good as the full regular sized CD set, no?

> but a lot of our testers do use the floppy.

Sure. Again there seem to be three ways of doing things:

	* Boot and install from a CD, or other large media
	* Boot via PXElinux (ie, netboot), and install via http/NFS/etc
	* Boot from floppies, then use CD/net/whatever

The first two can have >1.44MB images, if necessary, the latter's likely
to be fairly unusual, so doesn't have to be completely internationalised
if necessary.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''