net image full

The net1440 image has been full for a long time, and I guess what moved
it over the limit was the addition of the C@utf-8 locale to rootskel.
However, if we want i18n in the net floppy we *will* need that locale,
so what other options do we have for trimming things down?

I get -35k free space when building a net image. 35k is a lot. :/

What does busybox-cvs-udeb provide so we can cut out other things?
/bin/busybox is 223180 B and provides
* udhcpc (is it good enough? this would remove pump, 32893 B)
* mkswap, swapon, swapoff (do we really need them at boot? I'd say no.
Should we have two busybox udebs, one stage0 and one stage1
automatically installed by anna?)
* ash (would remove dash, 70441 B)

insmod is not currently in the busybox-cvs-udeb package, but can be
added, I don't know at what cost, but that gets rid of modutils-basic
(90684 B).

busybox-cvs-udeb also has a few applets that I really don't understand
why they are there, like telnet, chroot and telnetd! I don't know how
much removing them shaves off of busybox.

Replacing pump, dash and busybox with busybox-cvs got me down to -15k.
Hopefully removing mkswap, swapon, swapoff, telnet, chroot and telnetd
brings us up to positive again. ;) Unfortunately, udhcpc in busybox-cvs
didn't seem to work. :/

/Martin
--
Martin Sjögren