Re: Please help me make the .template files for Debian CDs smaller

In article <[🔎] 20030322111425.GA2664@nenya.lan> richard@list03.atterer.net writes:
>On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 07:19:04PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
>jigdo-file first creates a checksum of the first 1k of all files it wants
>to find, then moves a 1k-sized "window" over the image, comparing the image
>checksum of that window to the files' checksums.

Could it be special-cased for skipping large all-zero blocks at the
start of files and then check the second 1k block?  (Or only use larger
blocks when these occur)

Addapting jigdo when it's assuptions don't mactch reality seems better to
me than trying to change the reality that jigdo needs to deal with.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html