Re: Install bugs with Sarge netinst dated 2/26/02.

--- Martin Sjögren <md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se> wrote:
> Note that there isn't actually a released version of the new installer,
> we're still in alpha. :)

I figured something like that (it's a testing image, after all).

> This is actually "fixed" in two ways.
> 1. There will be other, more sophisticated, frontends available, that
> have scrollbars and stuff (right now they are not used, since it's
> easier to spot errors when using the text frontend).
> 2. The text frontend in CVS has some basic paging support.

That will be good. I'll be looking forward to it on my next install.

> Oh, apt-install is not proxy-aware? This is a bug, please report it on
> the 'rootskel' package.

I assume that apt-install was used to install the base system also, and
that part worked fine. I think the problem is the proxy setting used for
the base system was not carried over to the kernel install.

> The nano/slang problem is a known bug. But I'm not sure that the grub
> problem is a bug, you probably answered the wrong thing on the question?

It never asked me any questions (at least I don't remember any :-). It
just installed itself. If it's important enough, I could perform the
install again and take better notes (now that I know where all the
problems are :-).

Brian