Re: Install bugs with Sarge netinst dated 2/26/02.

tis 2003-03-11 klockan 19.04 skrev Brian Dockter:
> > Oh, apt-install is not proxy-aware? This is a bug, please report it on
> > the 'rootskel' package.
>

> I assume that apt-install was used to install the base system also, and
> that part worked fine. I think the problem is the proxy setting used for
> the base system was not carried over to the kernel install.

No, the base installation is handled by debootstrap in various arcane
ways. apt-install is used for menu items that need debian packages
installed in /target before they can run, like the kernel installer and
lilo/grub stuff.

> It never asked me any questions (at least I don't remember any :-). It
> just installed itself. If it's important enough, I could perform the
> install again and take better notes (now that I know where all the
> problems are :-).

It should ask for the boot device, at least if you answered the
debconf/priority question with "medium" or "low". Maybe you ran the
install at "high"?

The grub-installer question should probably be at least high, maybe
critical.

/M
--
Martin Sjögren