Re: Debian installer test

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Matt Kraai wrote:

> What was the error message you saw when you tried to load it
> through debian-installer?
Uhm, sorry, forgot to notice that.  Perhaps I should try
another box which is not yet installed.  Something like not
found ...

> > installer[4621]: receive_packet failed on eth0: Network is down
> > installer[4621]: DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 intervall 8
> > installer[4621]: send_packet: Network is down
> > installer[4621]: DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 intervall 18
> > installer[4621]: send_packet: Network is down
> > installer[4621]: ...
> > installer[4621]: No DHCPOFFERS received.
> > installer[4621]: No working leases in persistent database
>
> The "applet not found" error sounds like you loaded the
> busybox-cvs udeb, which doesn't contain ifconfig.
Well I tried several things to load to fix the situation.
I'm not sure about the applet stuff but the other lines
are probably the same with or without busybox. By the
way - I really do not see the sense of this busybox thingy.
May be I would have to read some documentation but I've
thought debian-installer should be manageable without having
to read any docs ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.