Re: udebs for more than just installation

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 06:56:09PM +0100, Martin Sj?gren wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking. Are you asking for how
> nifty things you can do with udpkg? Right now, udpkg only calls
>   /.../package.config configure
>   /.../package.postinst configure
> and that's it. I don't see how we would need any *rm scripts in the
> installer. :)

You wouldn't.  I see what you mean, though.

> This can, I guess, be expanded if dpkg being tiny is more important than
> dpkg being stellar at maintainer scripts.

I guess that sort of depends.

> Isn't that what has been discussed before, for handhelds and stuff? If
> you're willing to make udebs anyway, you won't need this though, as I
> don't see why dpkg wouldn't be able to handle udebs. There's nothing
> magic about udebs, they just happen to have different names and don't
> follow policy more than they like...

Yes.  I was just wondering what udpkg's capabilities are.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Branden Robinson          | GPG signed/encrypted mail welcome
branden@progeny.com       | 1024D/9C0BCBFB