Re: SV: loop: can't get info on device

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 07:28:42PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:

> I found a spot in boot-floppies where this could happen, and added a
> check. I think this will have to wait for r3 though.  Do you see any
> possible workarounds in the find_unused_loop_device() code in
> losetup.c?

Yes, don't try extracting the kernel more than 7 times (assuming
del_loop doesn't get called appropriately) ;-)

I don't think the (needed) fix cures this particular problem though. If
device would be null then losetup would be called as 'losetup (null)
image' because of the sprintf in losetup.c, and then you wouldn't get
the message as observed, but rather (null): No such file or directory
Or is there a custom sprintf() being used?

I suspect with that things go wrong earlier, causing get_device() in
extract_kernel.c to be called with an empty (non-null) image parameter.

Too bad ViewCVS doesn't do xrefs ;-). I don't have the full source here,
so can't grep at the moment.

Cheers,

Emile.

--