Re: [BusyBox] RFC: giving respawn init actions a controlling tty?

On Tue Oct 29, 2002 at 06:41:02PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Erik Andersen]
> > BTW, an updated BusyBox is ready and waiting for someone to make use
> > of it...
>
> The new busybox udeb (0.60.5-1) made my freshly built d-i floppy fail
> to boot, and my freshly built install CD unable to reboot.
>
> Any idea why?

Do you depend busybox acting as /linuxrc?  I removed /linuxrc
support from the .udeb, per (now-closed) bug #163890:

> The floppy: <URL:ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/debian-installer/snapshot/cdrom144-1440.img>

<sound of Erik loopmounting your floppy>

Yup.  You use init=/linuxrc.  I recommend removing this line from
your syslinux.cfg.  Then init will be /sbin/init, which is still
busybox init and should therefore do just what it used to do for
you....

 -Erik