Re: harddisk boot

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 11:00, Wolfgang Balster wrote:
[...]
> I need a journaling file system. So I tried to install bf2.4. It fails like
[...]

> I got the advice to install an older kernel and then switch to the new one but
> I do not know how to switch to the journaling file system at that point.

If you don't mind which journaling fs, then I'd advice you go for ext3.
Just install normally with ext2, compile a kernel with the ext3 driver
and use tune2fs to create a journal.

ext2 and ext3 are identical, except for the journal file. So you even
can switch back to older kernels (rescue discs etc.), just take care to
read how to deal with the journal in this case (I don't know, you'll
have to do some reading).

cheers
-- vbi

--