Re: harddisk boot

Am Samstag, 5. Oktober 2002 11:08 schrieb Ingo Wichmann:
> Hi!
>
> Here are two enhancements for the docs.
>
> Ingo Wichmann
Just found your enhanced documentation. Good work! I searched it for my
problem:

I need a journaling file system. So I tried to install bf2.4. It fails like
this:
boot: bf24
 ready.
Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
--> here the cursor stops blinking.

I got the advice to install an older kernel and then switch to the new one but
I do not know how to switch to the journaling file system at that point.

Is there a more direct way for my goal?

I am using an Athlon 1800+ with two harddisks, one not yet partitioned and
formatted.

(I did not see my mal on the list. This time I use the feature 'reply to list'
in KMail. Sorry for any inconvenience.)

--
Wolfgang

--