Re: Blurry Video when Installing

On Monday 07 October 2002 04:03 am, you wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 10:51:47PM -0500, Damon wrote:
> > bought a full 7 CD set and just tried to install the system "fresh".
> > Problem is, almost immediately after entering a boot loader option at the
> > boot prompt, the text of my display gets completely broken up and
> > unreadable. It
>
> What kernel are you using?

Using kernel 2.4.18. But I've tried standard "linux" and even "rescue" modes,
too. The result is the same.

> Have you tried booting with video=vga16:off as an argument to the kernel
> image?

Actually, yes! I stumbled across it a day or two after I wrote you the
message, and now my video is fine. Can you explain why I require this option
when booting Debian but not when I was using SuSE or Mandrake?

Thanks for the follow-up. Much appreciated.

--Damon