Language selection and cdebconf (was Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/tools/cdrom-detect/debian by barbier)

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:39:46AM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Martin Sjögren
>
> | The problem with debconf setting the variable itself is that it has to
> | be aware of the language question! It must have some magical knowledge
> | that d-i/language means that the language of debconf should change. I'm
> | not really comfortable with that...
>
> Another option is to extend cdebconf with an extra command just to set
> the language.. kinda hackish, but quite easy.

No need to, you may set $LANGUAGE if you want to start with a specific
language.

I now believe that main-menu could do the trick, if cdebconf is itself a
menu item (setting language and priority); in do_menu_item(), we check
if cdebconf has just been configured, and if so $LANGUAGE is set.

Denis