Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/tools/cdrom-detect/debian by barbier

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:02:37AM +0100, Martin Sjögren wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps (or rather, it's highly damn bloody likely), we'll have to split
> the script into two, one for the language, and one for post-language
> choice, as debconf has to be restarted and an environment variable set.
> Oh well, this is an idea anyway.
[...]

I don't understand why debconf has to be restarted.  It can set
LANGUAGE and use it later during the same execution, right?
There is a problem with having language selection in this script, you
cannot change language if e.g. you realize that your translation is
sometimes wrong and you prefer English text.

Denis