Re: dselect-beginner.txt

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:10:20PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 08:49:48PM +0200, Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
> > 4. "Select" section
> >    "_R_ Cancels all selections at this level."
> >    What does "this level" refer to?
>
> If the highlight is on a 'header', then actions affect all the subs within
> the heading.

Actually, while that's true for '+', '-', and so on, it's not true for
keys like 'R' that are in the "Quit, exit, overwrite" section of
dselect's keystroke help screen. As far as I know, "this level" means
that if you're in the main package selection view then it applies to all
packages, while if you're in a conflict resolution display then it
applies only to packages in that display.