Re: partitioning scheme, where does it need work?

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:22:27PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> | I'm sure everyone knows that d-i doesn't build right now:
> |
> | "Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> | choose-mirror: Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable
>
> This libdeconf is due to a typo on my part.  It should be fixed now.

With the help of colin walters, I was able to get it to build. I ran
into a problem with uname not being in busybox so the dhclient script
fails, so i filed a bug with busybox with a patch to include uname in
the udeb.

Also, it seems that you fixed it in the source, but the new packages
with the correct dependencies are not on the mirror yet, so I had to
build them and put them in localudebs to get it to run.

> | Tollef mentioned in his last status email that some work needs to be
> | done on mounting the newly created partitions in /target. Autopartkit
> | seems to already do this.
>
> There is some code in utils/ which calls fdisk.  I want a manual
> partitioner to work before I say we have reached the first goal: a
> working installer.
>
> So, I'd take a look at that instead of partkit.

I looked at it, and you're right, it just calls fdisk. The problem
with that is, how are we going to mount the partitions that fdisk created?

--
michael cardenas | lead software engineer | lindows.com | hyperpoem.net

"Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values."
- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged