Re: partitioning scheme, where does it need work?

* Michael Cardenas

| I'm sure everyone knows that d-i doesn't build right now:
|
| "Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
| choose-mirror: Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable

This libdeconf is due to a typo on my part.  It should be fixed now.

| dhcp-client-udeb: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) but 2.2.5-10 is to be
| installed

Upgrade your libc to unstable or rebuild it yourself.

| ethdetect: Depends: libdebian-installer but it is not installable

uhm?

libdebian-installer |       0.02 |      unstable | hurd-i386
libdebian-installer |       0.03 |       testing | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
libdebian-installer |       0.03 |      unstable | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

There's something weird, somewhere.

| Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable

Rebuilt

| Depends: libdiscover1 but it is not installable

Will be fixed.. in a while.  Discover needs to generate an udeb.

| main-menu: Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable

fixed, by way of a rebuild.

| netcfg-dhcp: Depends: libdebian-installer but it is not installable
| Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable

libdebian-installer no idea, the other: fixed.

| netcfg-static: Depends: libdebian-installer but it is not installable
| Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable

ditto.

| wget-retriever: Depends: libdeconf0.3 but it is not installable

fixed, by a rebuild

| so I'm having a hard time figuring out what is actually being used and
| what the flow is.

Not so strange, considering my silly typo.

| Tollef mentioned in his last status email that some work needs to be
| done on mounting the newly created partitions in /target. Autopartkit
| seems to already do this.

There is some code in utils/ which calls fdisk.  I want a manual
partitioner to work before I say we have reached the first goal: a
working installer.

So, I'd take a look at that instead of partkit.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-